Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: The wide open road

Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 19:56:45 +0000
Subject: Re: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places

Doug wrote:
[snip]
>Lighten up! Least your country gets to be the center of a fleet. The
>mine(US) is reduced to a lowly vassail again. ;->=

Of course, you could always go south and join that bunch a' New-Age
Cowboys
that call themselves Free CalTex....  <BIG GRIN>

>On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing my daughter as an officer in
such
>a fleet...
>
>'Lady Captain Megan Evans, commanding the NAC lancer Shoshone, glanced
>around her cramped bridge, and allowed herself a small smile. Having
>climbed the ranks carrying a burden of commoner's blood, and worse,
>American birth, she could be proud of her position.
>
>Having won her title in action that...'

Care to expand this into a story...?

I'll keep the name in mind, always on the lookout for suitable character
names!

>Jon,
>Yes, we promise to buy mass quantities of your licensed miniatures!
;->=
>However, and I've just discovered the pieces I thought were SFB 'elite'
>aren't so this is from memory, the bases work well for this kind of
small
>table game. Especially if the small hex bases have scribed lines
between
>the points. One run of the larger ships have them, and the resulting
twelve
>point compass is convenient.
>
>However, for most cases, I'd think the 'elites'  were a little top
heavy,
>and  would probably consider GZG figs only up to scout size, beyond
which
>I'd be going back to styrene bashing. Plenty of variety in coffee
stirrers,
>pieces of model plane ordinance, etc.

Yup!

>Well, it IS Sunday, and I'm supposed to wander aimlessly on and off
topic,
>so having done my duty, I'm outta here!
>
>The_Beast

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: The wide open road