Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

Re: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 01:00:38 GMT
Subject: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post

On Mon, 02 Feb 1998 16:32:25 +1000, "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@mov.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>Group Firing

I see the point of the rule. Ambushes are a devil of a thing to set up
in a game. My preference would be to see this ability used only once
in a scenario. It takes a lot of effort and explicit orders to set up
an ambush. I'd also like to see rules for prematurely firing, as is
often the case with green troops.

My preference would be to set up a scenario rule for ambushes.
Something like letting the ambusher set up his units, the ambushee
pre-plotting his movement, and then rolling for whether or not the
trap is sprung prematurely. Setting up an ambush in the middle of a
firefight is problematic at best.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon