Prev: GZG distribution in NA Next: Re: GZG distribution in NA

Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:04:45 +0000
Subject: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

>Jon,
>
>Just out of curiosity. . .
>
>In the Earthforce sourcebook you went back to the Full Thrust method of
>moving fighters rather than the More Thrust method.  It's generally
held
>(and is even stated in More Thrust) that moving fighters before ships
move
>as in MT gives better play balance.

Actually, this was one of the few editorial changes that CE made to the
stuff I wrote for them! My original draft used MT movement for fighters,
but they decided they wanted the old FT system!  Personally, I agree
that
the MT version is better.

>Was the change back to the FT method precisely because fighters in Bab5
>seem to be very deadly?  Or were there other reasons?
>
>By the way, the elegance of your vector movement rules and even the
>non-vector rules in FT runs Jovian sunspots around that monstrosity
Agents
>of Gaming produced.  I'm not saying their game has no merit at all, but
>their movement system is ridiculous as is their treatment of fighters.

Thanks!! :)

>Now if only we could get you the license to produce the miniatures!
>Nick Caldwell
>clcaldwell@primary.net

Jon (GZG)

Prev: GZG distribution in NA Next: Re: GZG distribution in NA