Prev: Re: Stargrunt II question Next: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:13:45 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

Here's my $0.02 on the subject:

>>>But we did have a quesiton. A VTOL in High mode with GMS/H (range
48")
>>>can strike any Air Defence Unit without fear of the Air Defence
System
>>>(range 36"). Did we miss something? Are there suggestions on how to
>>>resolve this?
>>
>>	  Yes the VTOL is immune from the Air Defense System...  His
GMSs are
>>subject to Air Defense and Point Defense fire.  I reccommend that you
buy
>>the GMS/air that I posted a while back, or a VTOL with a weapon to
engage
>>the other VTOL...
>>
>>Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

But did you say the _EXACT_ words???
Hail to the king, baby!

>Agreed, this is a bug that we need to fix. Opinions on how, anyone?
Would

to which Brian Bell wrote:

>Perhaps a 2 prong fix:
>1) Make ADS range 48" and allow it to attack High Mode vehicles

Perhaps the 48" range should be restricted to VTOLs in high mode
only. I would expect VTOLs to be slower than aerospace fighters,
and hence easier to hit (justifying the increased range).

>2) Make attacks from/to High mode attack as if 12" further away.

I'm not sure this is necessary.

>This would increase the utility of ADS and make air vehicles move in
>closer to attack (making them vulnerable to counter attack)

Keep in mind that modern battlefield VTOLs are very vulnerable to
anti-air defence. Just ask any Russian who served in Afghanistan...

Basically I'm trying to say I don't think that game balance would be
seriously effected.

Tony Christney
acc@uvic.ca
*     "Good, Bad, I'm the one with the gun"	*

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II question Next: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!