Prev: Re: Remembering Metagames' Microgames (was Re: Age and Complexity) Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Winchell Chung <nyrath@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:58:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Donald Hosford wrote:

> What kind of erratta?  My freind and I started mini-gaming that
way....We
> started moving these old plastic medieval mini's around on his bedroom
> floor.  At first we just knocked over one man on the other side
(simple!)
> After a while we added a d6 roll, whoever rolled higher knocked over
the
> lower roller.  Men could move 5", and Archers could attack over
anything
> within 2 feet.  I have many fond memories of those games....

	I saw some simple rules for army men once.

	Each man could move about 2 inches per turn.
	When a man was touching an enemy, you and your
	friend would pick up your repective men by
	the heads,  and twirl them against each other.
	Men that got knocked out of your fingers were
	casualties (note that both men could be killed).

	Cannons were easy, just launch a marble from
	the cannon. Any men knocked down were casualties.

      * A B S I T * I N V I D I A * V E R B O ** I D E M * S O N A N S *

-----+
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/home.html |
nyrath@clark.net |
|  /_\	| Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.

| <(*)> |

|/_/|\_\|

| //|\\ |

-----+

Prev: Re: Remembering Metagames' Microgames (was Re: Age and Complexity) Next: Re: Age and Complexity