Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: Complexity/Campaigns

From: Brian Bell <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:44:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

DrRokter wrote:
>I think

> the main reason 'older' gamers like simple rules is mostly to do with
time and
> lifestyle constraints. We meet one evening a week, and by the time
everyone
> gets home from work, eats, feeds the cat etc., there are only about 3
hours in
> which to play. Also, the last thing anyone needs after a long
stressful day at
> work is an evening spent leafing through a rulebook that makes War &
Peace
> look like a postcard.
>
> That's why a game like Full Thrust is so appealing - you can easily
play a
> fairly large game in that time, and you can keep 90% of the rules in
your head
> without ever refering to the book. The great thing about a simple rule
system
> is that it allows you to concentrate on gameplay and tactics, which
for me is
> ultimately what it's all about.

> Matt Hill
> DrRokter@aol.com

  This is what brought me to FT. I was playing RPG's, Nuclear
Armageddon, and
Battletech. All of which would take more than an evening to complete.

Someone mentioned that FT could be played in a couple hours. I decided
to try it
and have been hooked! We can normally play 1-3 games in an evening.
Great job
Jon!
--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity