Prev: RE: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Introductions (was: Age and Complexity) AND scratchbuilding ideas?

Re: OT?: Alien Space

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:35:49 +1000
Subject: Re: OT?: Alien Space

Phillip Atcliffe wrote:

> Later, of course, Lou managed to get a licence of sorts through Franz
Joseph
> (as did the Star Fleet Battles people), and he brought out the Star
Fleet Battle
> Manual, which was basically Alien Space tweaked a bit to make the
official ST
> races a little different to the AS ships.

> I really wish Lou had brought out the AS miniatures that he talked
about, but I
> don't think they ever were made. Shame -- I wanted a fleet of them.

Didn't even know this was a possibility. Still, for lurkers, the reason
the Gamescience spaceship stands have the fore-aft-port-stbd markings on
them is for SFBM/AS.

The ST minis are still available from Gamescience. I wouldn't go for the
latest TFG Starline stuff, it's not even remotely as good as their
previous efforts.
 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Introductions (was: Age and Complexity) AND scratchbuilding ideas?