Prev: FR! was Re: Re[2]: Age and Complexity Next: RE: Age and Complexity

Introductions (was: Age and Complexity)

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:34:27 -0700
Subject: Introductions (was: Age and Complexity)

37, DINK (dual-income, no kids) with a tight budget because of
the house (though the new job should help that!). Living in Parker,
CO (SE of Denver). Married for nine years and counting. No kids,
but my elderly mom may be moving in with us soon (since we're the
only ones in the family that are doing okay and don't have kids).

Started with D&D in '76, then AD&D (contrary to popular belief,
there's no such thing as "1st edition") 'til 2 yrs ago (moved
away from long-lived group, and didn't find another). Took up
GURPS for fantasy and cyberpunk over the last couple of years.
Also played a little Twilight:2000 and Traveller in the early
'80s.

Dabbled in wargames in the early '80s: Bought Starship Troopers
(original game, not the new one); played a couple of times only
due to lack of opponents. Bought BattleTech 2nd ed. box, plus
several "tech readout" books; played a few times. Bought StarFleet
Battles; never played.

Last year I fell into a group (the group I play GURPS with) that
does a little Full Thrust, Dirtside, and Stargrunt, and decided to
go for FT and DS; I'm putting together a respectable set of forces
for DS, but haven't played much yet. For FT, I'm slowly assembling
a (mostly scratch-built) flying saucer fleet, and also haven't
played much. And I might try Stargrunt as well, since the packages
of plastic gaming minis (disguised as kiddie toys) that I picked up
at Toy Liquidators over the holidays for use in DS2 also yielded
72 plastic SF soldier types in about 20mm scale, and some of the
ships cannot be convincingly called microscale.

On r.g.m.m. I heard about Fantasy Rules! mass rules, and
they sounded like a lot of fun, so I'm putting together forces
for FR! as well. I should complete a 15mm lizardman army (mainly
from Chipco's army pack) and a 15mm skeleton army (mainly Grenadier,
Ral Partha, and Reaper). Haven't played it at all yet, though. :-(

So...anyone want to start gaming FT, DS2, or FR! one Thursday night
a month in Parker, CO?

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com

Prev: FR! was Re: Re[2]: Age and Complexity Next: RE: Age and Complexity