Prev: Re:Pictures Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Christopher Pratt <valen10@f...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 02:02:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

my turn...

newly turned 21 year old college student, wonderful girlfriend, no kids

got started on AD&D in Jr. high, played that for many years untill i
discovered shadowrun
in early high school, moved on to torg, shatterzone, star wars, and
various flavours of
white wolf games...

as for minitures...my forst taste was with space hulk, which i still
think is a pretty
cool game (tho i haven't seen the latest edition yet)
branched from there into W40K, I distinctly remember my last game of
w40k, when my main
battle tank went on a rampage thu the massed ork ranks before coming to
a stop next to the
ork general where it promptly leveled its main cannon at him and fired
at point blank
range...failing to even injure him...i left in disgust.  during this
time i was forever
searching for a tactical starship combat game like FT, and after a few
failed attempts to
write my own, i finally heard of FT and took a chance on buying the
rules...lets just say
that i'm really pleased with the result.  Also bought SG2 and DS2 cause
of the author, tho
i haven't played either of them yet.  never got into historicals and
swore off CCGs all
together (tho the babylon 5 one is starting to make me reconsider my vow
never to buy
another CCG ever agian)

later
christopher pratt
valen10@flash.net

Prev: Re:Pictures Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)