Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: EFSB

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:25:22 -0600
Subject: Re: EFSB

At 21:12 1/21/98, Winchell Chung wrote:
>	 Comparison with EFSB, it's a matter of taste.
>	 B5 Wars sacrifices a bit of playability for
>	 more detail.  For instance, the ship damage sheets
>	 have damage boxes to check off for *every single
>	 weapon, drive, engine and sensor* !!

<snip> Although I appreciate the detail....

>	 In summary: EFSB is for people who want
>	 more action, faster gameplay, and less detail.
>	 B5 Wars is the opposite.

This mirrors darn near everybody else's opinion as well. As I think I'm
rapidly mutating into the older/simpler type of gamer (just to cross
threads :) I think I'll stick with EFSB.... which I bought first anyway
because $20 seemed like a lot better risk than $50....

>	 IMHO, EFSB gives more "bang for the buck".

The survey is probably pretty biased, given than most everyone here is a
serious fan of FT... I wonder if the proportion of gamers for/against
B5W
would be the same in a more general segment of the gaming population?
Assuming there is such a thing...

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's Next: Re: Age and Complexity