Prev: Re: EFSB, Valiant vs. Superior, B5W mini's Next: Re: EFSB

Re: EFSB

From: Tre Chipman <tre@i...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:49:10 -0800
Subject: Re: EFSB

At 11:16 PM 1/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 20:51 1/20/98, Winchell Chung wrote:
>>I'm going to be playing a few games of EFSB along
>>side some games of B5 Wars, but just by reading
>>the rule books I'm already biased in favor of EFSB.
>
>For the sake of those of us not flush enough to buy both, could you
give a
>rundown of how B5 Wars works? I've yet to meet anyone who owns, let
alone
>plays it....

Personally, I didn't care for it much.	The ships seemed to be a little
overly complex and clunky.  They had increased the level of game
resolution
so that even fighters had a few systems and damage boxes, and at that
scale, the ships ended up having tons more damage boxes that I thought
were
really necessary.  I got the feeling that ships could have battles that
lasted nearly forever, and given the frequency which ships bite the dust
in
B5, I didn't think it captured the flavor or spirit of the show very
well.
Some of the manuvers were kinda cool, but overall, I was pretty
disappointed.
On the otherhand, I think that EFSB did an excellent job, but then
again,
I've always felt that FT was perfect for modeling B5 games.  Come to
think
of it, any of the B5 rule mods online applied to FT are superior to B5W.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Re: EFSB, Valiant vs. Superior, B5W mini's Next: Re: EFSB