Prev: Re: New fonts for Full Thrust Next: Re: EFSB

Re: EFSB, Valiant vs. Superior, B5W mini's

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:21:17 -0600
Subject: Re: EFSB, Valiant vs. Superior, B5W mini's

Okie, I'm starting to slip on the 'I won't use EFSB' stand. I can hold a
grudge long as anyone, but it does seem closest to the way I wanna game
B5.
*sigh* I still say Bill Gates must die, though...

Superior space ships certainly hold the same nostalgic niche as Valiant
me, but if you aren't familiar with them, be forewarned, they are
definately a different idea altogether. Where Valiant were mostly long
and
spindly, Superior are even more large metal bricks than GZG ships. Not a
complaint; these things look made for business, and 'I'd purely hate to
see
THAT angry!' threatening. Not to mention the detail! The SGD's have more
detail on the underside than top! Just be prepared for a philosophical
difference. I have dozens of Superior's; I WISH I had 15 of Valiant's.

On rec.games.miniatures.misc, a gentleman from AoG laid out some of the
problems with the Bad Dog mini's, though, of course, left it sounding a
gracious parting of the ways agreed to by both parties. ;->= Nothing was
said about particular figs, though I know several folks will be VERY
disappointed to hear the Narn aren't in the vanguard. I keep hopeing
those
will show for the 'I'd rather paint them myself' group, and leave the
micromachines for the acrylically-challenged such as myself.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: New fonts for Full Thrust Next: Re: EFSB