Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer

Re: Systems

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:49:24 -0700
Subject: Re: Systems

>Donald Hosford wrote:
>>
>> One thing I have FINALLY noticed, is in the More Thrust book.  There
>> is somethings missing!  I haven't gotten around to studying those
ship
>> diagrams until now...
>>
>> On page 23, the ship diagrams,
>>   What is the circle with the black triangle supposed to represent?
>>   It is found in the Strikeboat, and the Lancer.
>>   The other symbol is found on the Privateer and Needle Cruiser
ships.
>> It looks like a filled in circle with a black line sticking out.
>>
>> Suggestion:	In ALL future versions of the game, please provide a
>> "Master Symbol Chart" That listed every symbol ever used.
>
>The circle and triangle combo is a Submunitions Pack.
>The filled circle with the line is a Needle Beam.
>
>Both weapons are facing specific and should point toward the proper
>firing arc.
>
>The symbols appear on page 30 of FT under Advanced Ship Design.
>
>Someone generated a master symbol list a while back and put it on a
>website, but I don't remember the URL.  Hopefully someone on the list
>has a copy.  (I use a CAD prog to draw my ships and haven't done all
the
>symbols, yet.)

That was me. It's in Adobe Illustrator format (Mac and Windows) and EPS.
It's at <http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ft/>, along with
several other FT graphics sheets.

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com

Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: Helltank and Helltank Destroyer