Prev: Naval Intelligence Next: Re: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants

Re: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants

From: "Ahhhhhhh....carbon monoxide. Breathe deep!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:18:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants

>My entire home directory on my system was wiped out last week.  I've
only just begun to
>restore things.  Jerry Han's archive has been invaluable in retrieving
old postings to
>this list, but one posting that I distinctly remember getting in the
last month was not
>in any of his archive (to my sheer horror!).  Someone in the las month
posted new
>ship data for the White Star and Shadow vessels based on Jon's ship
rules from the
>Earthforce Sourcebook, as well as notes on how to calculate ship values
and tonnages.  I
>would very much appreciate it if the original poster, or anyone who did
keep that message
>please email it to me (or repost it to the list - there may be some
others who would like
>to catch it again).  Thanks much for any assistance.

I kept it.  :)	 Brendan "'Neath Southern Skies" Robertson wrote this
up;
I repost it for your reading pleasure.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

- -
From:	IN%"FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk" 17-DEC-1997 17:51:07.92
Subj:	B5P/EFS conversion to FT2 (long)

For those who are interested, I've been looking at construction data for
the EFS.  Below is the conversion info for designing your own ships.
I've had to guess a little for the Minbari Warcruiser as there aren't
any other ships for comparison, but all the other ships will convert
using these figures, except for the Centauri Battlecruiser, which mounts
56% weapons instead of 50%.
Another interesting titbit is that the Hyperion has only 50% mass
allocated to weapons which means a jumpdrive fits right into the current
design parameters, so you only need to add it to the ship control sheet.
Let me know what you think.

'Neath Southern Skies
**********************
Design rules for the Earthforce Sourcebook, using 50% for FTL & 75% for
non-FTL ships.
Drives: all ships => 40 mass use Capital class drives (including >100
mass)
Treat pulse batteries as AA, A, B, C batteries,
Interceptors = Mass 1, 3pts.
Antifighter Battery = Mass 1, 10pts.
Fighters - 2 Mass per squadron + 6 Mass for a launch bay.  20pts for
launch bay, 10pts/squadron.
Energy Mine - Mass 5 (pulse torp?), 50pts?
EMP weapon - mass 8, (4 arcs x 2 needle beams?), 80pts?
Jamming system - Mass 3 (AECM), 30pts?
Plasmanet - Mass 3 (ADAF/tractorbeam).	Range 12MU.  50pts?
Beam weapons - 2 Mass per Battery & Mass equal to the rating.
15pts/battery + 10*rating for capacitor.

Taking into account damage rounding for simplicity:
Omega:	Mass 96, 904pts.
Hyperion: Mass 60 with jump drive, 576pts.
Nova: Mass 84, 728pts.
Olympus class:	Mass 44, 455pts.
Typical Starliner: Mass 40, 246pts.
Typical Light Freighter:  Mass 60, 366pts + cargo.
Shepherd Starfury transport:  Mass 20, 106pts.
Porcupine Starfury transport:  Mass 20, 96pts.
Cotton Long Range Tender:  Mass 88, 472pts + cargo.
Condor Troop Transport:  Mass 40, 306pts.
Narn Heavy Cruiser: Mass 72, 848pts.
Narn Battledreadnought: Mass 88, 1072pts
Centauri Lt Cruiser: Mass 58, 610pts.
Centauri Battle Cruiser: Mass 100/112 (doesn't fit!), 1252pts.
Minbari Warcruiser: Mass 120, 1540pts.

The only one that doesn't fit is the Centauri Battlecruiser. :(

White Star (340pts)
Mass: 30
Hits: 15; 5/5/5
Grav Drives: 4 (Thrust 8)
Jump Drive
Vorlon Learning Skin (360 degree level 1, antipulse interceptor)
Beam Batteries: 3 (F)
Beam Capacitor: 6

Shadow Escort (as seen first/second season) 800pts?
Mass: 40
Hits: 20; 5/5/5/5 (6+ for all thresholds)
Shadow Drives: 4 (thrust 8 Kra'vak drive)
Jump Drive?
Level 2 armour (subtract from Beam damage/dice)
Slice & Dice beam battery: 1 (F)
Slice & Dice capacitor: 18 (recharge 2d6+2)

Shadow Cruiser (third season onwards), 1600pts?
Mass: 80
Hits: 40; 10/10/10/10 (6+ for all thresholds)
Shadow Drives: 3 (thrust 6 Kra'vak drive)
Jump Drive?
Level 2 armour (subtract from Beam damage/dice)
Slice & Dice beam battery: 1 (F)
Slice & Dice capacitor: 24 (recharge 2d6+2)
Shadow fighter Squadrons: 4
Shadow launch bay?

'Neath Southern Skies
Ortillery, rich man's artillery.

Prev: Naval Intelligence Next: Re: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants