Prev: Re: Testing Next: Re: holiday

RE: How a minature should look

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 13:36:28 +0200 (EET)
Subject: RE: How a minature should look

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Haun, Gilles - SSG wrote:

> From what I've seen, material is usually part of the cost of the
> product's production.

It's not quite that simple. If you produce plastics, your choices vary
from horribly low-grade cereal box stuff to extremely well detailed
injection kits. This is a cost issue.

Likewise, metal casting quality ranges from barely identifiable lumps
from manufacturers best left unnamed to extremely fine (and
expensive) castings from CinC or GHQ. This is ultimately also a cost
issue.

To clarify: What I meant was that if you choose your material on a
principle or a whim, and chuck enough money in the process, you can
achieve the exact same quality you could have had with the other
material.
Whether it's cost effective or not depends on your market.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Testing Next: Re: holiday