Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: 3 arc cost

Re: WSGS Tournament.

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 17:04:34 +1100
Subject: Re: WSGS Tournament.

>On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Tony Wilkinson wrote:
>> On Saturday the 28th of Feb and Sunday the 1st of March the Western
>> Suburbs Gamers Society (of Sydney Australia for all you Yanks, Poms,
>> Canadians, Finns etc etc that can't make it)
>Um... forgive me for my ignorance, but what's a "Pom"?
>"Pomeranian" is the only thing that I think of...

Someone other than me can probably give the actualy origin of this term,
but
"Pom" is an Australian term for people of English origin. While not
wishing
to cause offence to any of our English cousins reading this list, it is
usually used in reference to English people living in Australia, and in
such
case is used with the word "whinging" attached to it.. :)

Jeremy
(Of English & Scottish descent)
----
Jeremy M. Sadler
jsadler@earthling.net
http://nemesis.com.au/fastjax

Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: 3 arc cost