Prev: Re: ES - Review wanted Next: Re: ES - Review wanted

Archs of Fire

From: David Maslen <david@b...>
Date: 9 Dec 1997 15:55:09 -0000
Subject: Archs of Fire

I'd just like to say, that I rather like the rule in one of those
B5 varients I read on the net. Sorry, if I could remember which one
I'd credit you.

Basically it was something like for 1 thrust point you could rotate
the ship so port arc fires starboard and vice versa. I assumed that
by next turn you had completed the roll, so as to avoid book keeping,
about which way round you are.

The game board is 2d, but what it represents isn't. We don't use
altitude
(the z axis), so some rules such as the roll would seem a better
solution.
Also while we are saying the weapon can fire into those arcs, we aren't
assuming that it's turret mounted an able to rotate, rather the design
of the
ship allows it to target in those arcs. Perhaps by rotating the ship,
while
momentum carries it in a straight line. Again we don't use real thrust
for
simplicity, but obviously that's what we are trying to represent.

david..

--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 5pm - 1am

Prev: Re: ES - Review wanted Next: Re: ES - Review wanted