Prev: Re: Background: What do we want & When do we Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook is in!

RE: FT PBEM for DS/SG

From: denny.graver@b... (Denny Graver)
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 10:35:46 GMT
Subject: RE: FT PBEM for DS/SG

Mk & Jon & Brian
Re: FT PBEM

>: FT In a day or less * "I'm with Indy.  *** Thud *** J

I just assumed someone had tried it or something similar/ slower paced.

 I've read about the Empress' tournament and a few other PBeM postings

and I pictured the scene assuming a newbie vision of how the FT surfers

could or would or should operate in a world where players may be hard to

find *(and the page goes all wobbly here) *

The Mega Full Thrust PBeM (MFTBEM)
Equipment needed:
A GM with the time and support systems necessary to keep track of it
all.
This could be a single GM with true grit and or software, or a team of

GM's moderating by hand.

A group of players all with plenty of time on their hands say a long
weekend. Each player takes on a squadron of ships and goes for it.

1 Announce MEGAFTBEM Scenario
2 Players Register Interest
3 Date for Game Fixed
4 Players Confirm position and commitment on the day
5 GM Emails turn 1 Detection Report to players
6 Players evaluate moves and confer by whatever means available
7 GM Receives all player orders back within given time period
8 Battle turn processed by whatever means available
9 Return to step 5 until exhaustion

This process assumes that Email can zip  around the world from GM to
Players in say ½ an hour, allow another half hour for debate and return

 of orders, and a turnaround of an hour at most from the GM.  Two hours
turn x 5 turns a day 10 Hours. The GM need only log on to collect the
orders, players to receive/communicate/send so the cost wouldn't be
horrendous(depending on time zones of course).

Could you imagine what it would be like to play in a game like this?
 Even played over a longer period of time say 1 turn a week/fortnight,
it
would be a pretty cool thing to do/play.

RE: PBeM SG2/DS2
I haven't played SG2 in RL yet, but have bought/read/understood enough
toy with the idea of running a	PBeM. I should imagine a company
strength
game would be interesting. DS2 Is in the post, should be here in the
morning and I can't wait.

Got to go, its 2:30 AM and work is only six hours away. Anyone
interested
in either FT or SG2 By Email should contact me directly at
Denny.Graver@aaabbc.co.uk  (removing the "aaa" to avoid spam).	As I'm

not on the web at home, I won't be starting anything until the new year

when I go online, but it would be nice to know if anyone was interested

in playing.  I'll get in touch when I have get set up and can surf
without fear.

Bye for now,

Denny :} .z.z.z.z.. zzz

The opinions and comments  expressed above are my own and in no way
reflect those of the company I work for.

Prev: Re: Background: What do we want & When do we Next: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook is in!