Prev: RE: SGII Question for Mike Elliot or Jon Tuffley.. Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

Re: Fast Capitals

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 17:19:22 -0800
Subject: Re: Fast Capitals

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
...Snip...(JTL)
> Lemme guess: You round "points available for turning" UP, don't you?
>
> Personally, I've never seen a capital ship with thrust higher than 4.
> They just get too bloody expensive.
>
> And, this is just me, but as long as FT does not define any roundings,
> I will round all figures to the disadvantage of whoever initiated the
> action that requires rounding
...Snip...(JTL)

Mikko,
     If you were in charge of the game I would certainly conform to
the conditions you preferred/required.	 If I was in the same position,
outnumbered and defending, I would still have gladly paid the extra
70 or 80 points to move the thrust to a value of six (6).
     It is worth the loss of a DD stratigicly, to be able to withdraw
tactically if I should find my fleet badly outmatched by the attacking
force.	The thrust 5/6 BDN/DN squadron cannot be persued by the
attackers because they will lose or have many ships damaged in a
running battle.   (This is the Graf Spee concept of battle:
I can defeat anything that can catch me, and run away from anything
that can beat me.)

     Yes, I round odd points up for turning, but then everyone
in the group does this, and the person running the game agreed.
Do I have guilt feelings, not on your life.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: SGII Question for Mike Elliot or Jon Tuffley.. Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT