Prev: Anti-missile defenses in FT Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: "ROBERTSON,Brendan" <Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 15:18:37 +1000
Subject: RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

The only problem with using a missile fleet, is what happens if the
salvo misses.  It really is a oneshot weapon & if failed you generally
get chewed up pretty badly by beam based ships.

I agree that missile defences need to be improved.  A good compromise
fix is to allow ECM to add +1 to your *DAF fire against missiles.  On
average, this improves the chances enough for a ship to survive a
missile strike.

'Neath Southern Skies
Ortillery, rich man's artillery.