Prev: Re: small ships Next: Re: 27Nov97, Greetings

Re: small ships

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:48:57 -0800
Subject: Re: small ships

Michael,
     Like most ships in the game, these would have a certain role
to fill within a larger picture.  The value would be a function
of my ability as the fleet cammander to position the ships to
utilize the Binary Stars abilities to the fullest.
     Yes, I concure that knowing ones opponent is very helpful.
With the exception of conventions(where most games are canned.)
we tend to play in small groups and come to learn the concepts
favored by each individual.
     When one goes off into the concept of alien tech then the
concepts of half size missiles and one shot point defence become
quite useful, but great care must be taken to preserve play
balence of you lose your audience.
     The people I FT with do not use the Nove, Wave, or Reflex
shield and I do not think any (of our group) miss them.
FT is set up so 'the group' can set its own limits and be happy.

Looks like I am going into lecture mode, sorry 'bout that.

Thank you for the comments, and compliment.
Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: small ships Next: Re: 27Nov97, Greetings