Prev: Re: SV: FTL Mines Next: Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:16:44 -0800
Subject: Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> John Leary wrote:
>
> >	 If someone is closing to within 9 inches/cm of me, you can
> > pretty much bet that they know every weapon I have by the time
> > they close to within 12 inches/cm.
>
> Except the needle beams <g> And when speeds climb to 40 and above, you
> don't have much time to scan (or, indeed, see what weapons they fire -
> since they don't).
>
> >	 Suggestion: Area ECM is -1 to scans and ship ECM is -2.
> > This will give the ECM some value in the game.
>
> Since the ECM currently gives a -1D6 rather than -1 or -2, I'm not
entirely
> sure your suggestion is an improvement...?
>
> Oerjan Ohlson

Taken out of the context of the passage I cannot help but agree.

The formula is: 1D6 plus sensor modifier minus ECM modifier = result
on the sensor table.

I hope this will clarify my intent.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: SV: FTL Mines Next: Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions