Prev: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 15:36:46 -0800
Subject: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

Allan Goodall wrote:

...Snip...(JTL)
 In
> particular, I don't like the ratio of active to passive. I think the
> passive range is too long compared to the active range, and I think
> the active range is too short.
...Snip...(JTL)

> By the way, it's "Allan" not "Allen."

ALLAN,
     I stand (well, actually sit) corrected, no offense intended!

I changed the ranges to simplify sensors and give a reason for
people to buy the improved types.

     Food for thought, if a ship is running with jammers or screens
on:
1) The energy output of both of those system would be very large.
2) Against the background of space it might well be possible
   for passive sensors to have a high chance to pick up these
   systems beyond the range of the active sensors.
   (Screens in particular due to the limited frequency range
    need to block a beam weapon.)

However, for game play I think you are doing the right thing.

Bye for now,
John L.