Prev: Re: Toronto DS2 Players? Next: Re: cm scale - cinematic collisions ?

Re: cm scale collisions

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:06:42 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: cm scale collisions

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Tim Jones wrote:

> b) Mini-Maxers will

I can not quite agree... ramming may or may not be viable tactic,
depending on your background. Naval tradition certainly has lots of
ramming.  If you give rules that have favorable outcomes for ramming,
people will think it's an acceptable strategy.

> How about if you move a ship so it would touch another
> 'significant' base/ship-model you receive an equivalent amount of
damage for
> your mass size. (complete the next damage row and roll a critical say)
> The offending ship is then placed so it doesn't touch, at the touched
> The ship you 'nearly hit', no penalty, they never flinched.
> I don't see anyone using ramming, then as a tactic.

How do you determine who's the offender? Profile parameter?
Think about it... only in extreme cases you can say for sure that one
party deliberately rammed the other.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Toronto DS2 Players? Next: Re: cm scale - cinematic collisions ?