Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: Infantry Dirtside

cm scale collisions

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:46:00 -0000
Subject: cm scale collisions

On Friday, November 21, 1997 10:23 AM, Mikko Kurki-Suonio
[SMTP:maxxon@swob.dna.fi] wrote:
> a) The damage is too small to be a deterrant and nothing really
changes
> b) Some people start building dedicated ramships, and ramming
> with wounded vessels as a standard procedure

b) Mini-Maxers will

How about if you move a ship so it would touch another
'significant' base/ship-model you receive an equivalent amount of damage
for
your mass size. (complete the next damage row and roll a critical say)

The PSB is that your captain automatically *must* make emergency evasive

manoeuvers
and the stress causes the damage, plus your ship can't fire this turn as
its
'too shook up'

The offending ship is then placed so it doesn't touch, at the touched
captains
discretion or randomly placed, this is the result of going evasive.

The ship you 'nearly hit', no penalty, they never flinched.

I don't see anyone using ramming, then as a tactic.

> Maybe "screws" is a bit too strong word. I mean it changes the
> balance Jon put into the game, and it needs to be explored whether the
> new balance is enjoyable.

Yes, I and any other centimeters should explore this and report back.

> I just don't see having friends around for gaming and then crowding
> around a computer screen...

 Nor do I , but it a  PBEM it would work.

sincerely
tim jones
--
Reality is for those who can't cope with Science Fiction.

Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: Infantry Dirtside