Prev: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea... Next: Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation

DS2/SG2/BDS References

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:59:33 -0000
Subject: DS2/SG2/BDS References

There are some BDS Force references in "On Death Ground" by David Weber

The adversary here are the 'Baaghs' [sic] nasty Arachnoid creatures with
a pathological disregard for the individual in a battle. There are some
good descriptions of ground actions and lots and lots of space battles.

The ground actions are interesting, the bugs use their superiority in
numbers
and are very nasty in close assault. One-to-one they are no match for
the
human troops. They are armed with manufactured weapons so probably don't
count
as Bio Forces. IIRC they have a centralised command and control system.

Whether big spiders would work using terrestial biology is probably not
possible. Kytin (sp?) probably isn't strong enough and you have the
respiration problem. PBB (Pseudo Biological Bs) could be that their
exo-skeleton uses a much stronger material, like a natural form of
carbon fibre and they have active respiratory systems, so they look
like spiders but have a different biology from the terrestial
equivalent.

The rubber spiders (or dried out real ones) would effectively model
them.

sincerely
tim jones
--
Relality is for those who can't cope with Science Fiction

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea... Next: Re: Jovian Chronicles GZG Adaptation