Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: Re: Re: Bio-Forces

Re:STARSHIP TROOPERS

From: TEHughes@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:06:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re:STARSHIP TROOPERS

<<  Heinlein was a children's author. I wish I'd read ST when I was
  12, or so, rather than being twenty-something. It would have been
  great to stomp about for a week or two with a new found sense of
  Moral Philosophy recieved unquestioned from Uncle Bob. >>

WHOOPS! Childrens author??? You haven't read his later books, starting
with
"Stranger in a Strange Land"  as a matter of fact he degenerated into a
dirty
old man before they cut that brain tumor out of his head. Besides, he
wrote
for who paid him and he wrote what they asked for like any professional
author.

P.S. Moral Philosophy raised questions, it did not preach answers unlike
most
"modern" amoral  philosophies and questioning ones own moral actions is
like
weight lifting (it doesn't do anything but you end up with muscles just
the
same.) I still find myself trying to answer questions of moral
philosophy
today, perhaps someday ...........an answer?

Tom Hughes

Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: Re: Re: Bio-Forces