Prev: Are they bio ? Next: Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 14:52:01 +0000
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces -- Was: SG2/DS2 help wanted...

Alexander Williams wrote:

> Actually, you misread me here; while the Transcend culture that gave
> rise to the S'V are, effectively, immortal, the S'V themselves are
> not, at least as I envisioned it.  The S'V are a 'waste product,' of
> sorts, of the way the Transcend culture reached their Singularity
> Point, albeit a waste product that the current culture is deriving
> great amusement for.

[snippity snip]

> [One of these days I'll novelize this idea ...]

But didn't Vernor Vinge beat you to it in 'Fire upon the Deep'?
Most of the ideas you mention are developed very well in that novel.

	Steve

 I never answer letters and you don't like my tie."  - The Doctor

Stephen Richard Pugh	 http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16

Prev: Are they bio ? Next: Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>