Prev: Re: FT graphic ship generation program Next: jee-uu and BattleFleet Gothic (was Re: SV: Full Tilt?)

Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:35:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

Excerpts from FT: 31-Oct-97 Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tou.. by John
Leary@sj.bigger.net
> Jon,
>     I would indeed be interested in seeing 'details' of the battles,
> but, I have not been able to access any information.	 Are all
> non-players locked out until the tourney is completed?

While I'm not Jon, I figure I can safely say that you more-or-less are
locked out.  One of the ideas behind the tournament is that we don't
know what our opponent is using, and if Jon gives out details of the
battles immediately after they've finished, then the next people to
fight will know what their opponents are capable of.  (Maybe not direct
stats, but things like speed, which ships have heavy beam complements,
general tactics, etc., which may be even worse to give out....)

Once the second round is done, half of the first round fights (the ones
where both people are out of the tourney) can be unlocked; after the
third round a few more may be unlocked.  The rest'll have to wait for
the last fights to finish.

OTOH, I think I can safely say that I'm one of the pulse torp fleets
that failed to reach the second round; while I wasn't totally dependant
on the things (I wanted to use 'em for crossing the first threshold, and
hopefully dropping a shield & making things easier on my beam weapons)
they did *nothing*.  Well, not quite, but they certainly had no
meaningful impact on the battle.  (Having all six shots of my first
salvo miss, even with some 3+ and 4+ shots, didn't help at all....)

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: FT graphic ship generation program Next: jee-uu and BattleFleet Gothic (was Re: SV: Full Tilt?)