Prev: Re: Full Tilt? Next: New Battlefleet Gothic? (was Re: Full Tilt?)

New Version of Starmada

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 15:37:16 -0600
Subject: New Version of Starmada

 I just got my update and thought I would pass along some info,

 Starmada IV is now available (same URL that version 3.1 was at).
	http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~cricket/starmada/

 Starmada is my 2nd favorite (after Full Thrust of course) of the
simple,
 starship combat games.  Basic rules are available at the web site,
 advanced rules are available from the designer for $10.  Registered
users
 should have already received via email the new versions of advanced
rules
 appendices.   A campaign system is also in the works.

 Starmada is a simple, generic game well suited for fleet battles and
uses
 only d6's, much like FT but it is a hex based.  Combat consists of
rolls
 for to-hit, shields, and damage location which is one of the systems
 recently discussed in the tread of common to-hit systems. These
multiple
 rolls are a little more time consuming than the single beam roll of FT
but
 the added complexity does allow for more variation by weapon type.

 Most of the differences from version 3.1 to version IV are in the
 rules Appendices.  More specifically there are several new weapons and
new
 special equipment, Offensive and Defensive Rating calculations have
been
 modified, the movement track calculations have a modification, and an
 optional vector movement system has been added among other things.

 Dean
 <dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com>

Prev: Re: Full Tilt? Next: New Battlefleet Gothic? (was Re: Full Tilt?)