Prev: Re: SV: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted... Next: Pulse torpedo-Subpack discussion

Re: Temporary list suspension, B5, StarBlazers, MoonDragon, Full Tilt, E40K Pan Fliers

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:47:33 -0600
Subject: Re: Temporary list suspension, B5, StarBlazers, MoonDragon, Full Tilt, E40K Pan Fliers

Jon and Mark, apologies. Leave it to a mostly lurker to put foot in
mouth
when there actually WAS a list problem.

AoG has been making apologies about the figs problem on newsgroups.
Apparently, the original manufacturer of the figs has bowed out, with
AoG's
blessing. Let's hope the Minbarr get a cruiser that isn't such a pain to
assemble.

I've made comments about the StarBlazers game, but mostly from an
earlier
version playtest. I was planning on using the figs for FT, and probably
continue to, considering the comments I've heard. The production
qualities
of the book itself I can forgive for what seems a VERY small producer,
but
the game doesn't sound like it's been that improved from my play. Viz
the
figs, agreed that the etched parts are a plus for detail and add
understandably to the price on some units; I'm not big into trying to
assemble them, though.

Been scanning my White Dwarf(it's the one with Ork 'painted' over) and
can't find Full Tilt. Is this in the Brit edition?
I thought you got yours half a month before us; we've JUST gotten this,
214.

However, did notice in this issue the new E40K Eldar fliers. Hope they
produce a lot of these, but they fail  miserably in sales so I can find
them in cut out bins by the dozen!  Not sure which I'd start using these
in
first, Silent Death or FT(with modifications). The big boy, Vampire
Raider,
I'd probably grind off the cockpit, set aside the spoiler, and run in
reverse. I'm cringing at what the MSRP on the suckers will be, though.
Don't think they'll make the StarBlazer fig prices look anything but
good.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: SV: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted... Next: Pulse torpedo-Subpack discussion