Prev: Re: Star Blazers Fleet Battle System Next: Re: Temporary list suspension

RE: FT graphic ship generation program (NOT AVAILABLE YET)

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:41:12 -0000
Subject: RE: FT graphic ship generation program (NOT AVAILABLE YET)

On Thursday, October 30, 1997 10:06 AM, Phillip E. Pournelle
[SMTP:pepourne@nps.navy.mil] wrote:
> Hello,
>	I would apreciate it if someone were to send me a program that I
can use
> to generate graphic ships for FT.

Phil
AFAIK There are no public domain FT SSD design programs released yet...
GeoHex http://www.geohex.com/ were goinf to be marketing one but I
haven't
seen any details for ages so its probably goodintentionware.

Assuming that you've got a PC...
If you want a paint program then get an evaluation copy of the shareware
classic paint shop pro from JASC:-

http://www.jasc.com

Or on a zillion PC magazine cover discs.
Most people use the shipbits images available from the UFTWWWP

http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/shipbits.zip

(which is UP)

and cut and paste them in a paint program at the moment. I've also got
some
very cool templates for a diagram drawing package called Visio if you
have
that (seems most people don't :-). I have a Gif version of this template
-
but its no better
than shipbits (Visio being a vector drawing system that looses a bit on
conversion to a raster)

If you've got a Mac I can't help you (others can...) on a paint package
but
they will be able to read the common formats that shipbits is in (BMP).

If you don't have web access I can email you the above, drop me a line
at tim.jones@smallworld.co.uk

--
Tim

Prev: Re: Star Blazers Fleet Battle System Next: Re: Temporary list suspension