Prev: FT3: Common to-hit system Next: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

RE: Dirtside Mini's

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:58:40 -0000
Subject: RE: Dirtside Mini's

On Sunday, October 26, 1997 2:19 PM, paul.baldwin@virgin.net
[SMTP:paul.baldwin@virgin.net] wrote:
> I'm about to put together a battle group sizes DS2 "army", but I was
> wondering which mini's others used, particulary for infantry?

I use irregulars miniatures 6mm SF infantry bases, these are the ones
in the DS2 book. Irregular have an amazingly good mail order
service and the infantry are very cheap for large forces
They are a bit low on detail but at that scale you can paint
them as anything you like - the same figues can look like
light power armour or kakhi fatigues. They do an alien range
now and there are bases of 4 and two figures and various
GMS and ASW options.

Their address is in any UK WG mag or from Tom Gravolds
excellent suppliers list.

This can be augmented with expensive and baroque GW junk if required
( they do some OK combat walkers and BIG power armour in their EPIC
range)

> I was also thinking of joining the Science Fiction and Fantasy
Wargamers
> Assoc, does anyone have any more info than I already have (ie address
> and cost), does membership include a sub to the magazine for
instance).

> Any help, gratefuuly recieved
> --

I used to be in the SFSFW but I lapsed, there was a lot of in-fighting
going on and it was incredibly badly organised, you would subscribe and
all you heard when joining was getting your mags in a brown envelope
some
weeks later, no welcome letter or society details - nothing. I didn't
know
what my membership number was (required to get discounts) until I
twigged
it was on the address label of the envelope.

I get a lot more quality stuff a lot more regularly here. AFAIK
the SFSFW www home page (access from the UFT  stills holds relevant
information, I'd give it a try and make up your own mind.

> Paul Baldwin
> Evesham, England

<offtopic>
Ah Evesham - I used to live down the road in Cheltenham.
I've spent many a day on the Avon.
</offtopic>

sincerely
tim jones
--
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter.

Prev: FT3: Common to-hit system Next: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system