Prev: Re: GZG 2300AD??? Next: SV: Fun Stuff (was Map Sizes)

RE: house rules/offline

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:23:28 +0100
Subject: RE: house rules/offline

On Friday, October 17, 1997 2:12 PM, Roger Burton West
[SMTP:roger@firedrake.demon.co.uk] wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Chris McCurry wrote:

> >I like the idea, and it is realistic but I don't think that because
the
> >ship is fast and the bigs are big that they should be totaly
uneffective.
> >I believe that greatly lowering the chance of a successful hit is a
better
> >than making the larger gun worthless.

If you look at wet navy history a ship like Bismark was
deadly to escorts and destroyers as well as to Hood.

In one destoyer attack a salvo from Bismark totalled
a destoyer and the others were very wary. In the
future fire control is likely to be better even for the
bif stuff.

sincerely
tim jones
--
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter.

Prev: Re: GZG 2300AD??? Next: SV: Fun Stuff (was Map Sizes)