Prev: Re: GZG 2300AD??? Next: Re: DSII 1/300 Scale Heavy Gear style minis..

Re: Fleet Book

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:21:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Fleet Book

>At 12:55 PM 10/15/97 +0100, Jon of GZG wrote:

>> The FT fleet book is due soonish now,
>
>	 How soon is soonish for us Yanks?
>
>	 Phil P.

I'm working on it now; release date will depend on a number of things,
including finance and how soon the artist finishes the ship pics.
Not this side of Christmas, unfortunately, but hopefully not too far
into
the new year. Copies should be in the US fairly quickly after they roll
off
the presses in the UK. The artist (Tim Osborne, who did many of the
illos
for SGII) is working as fast as he can on the ship drawings, but he's
got
over 100 ships to do in total!! Those he's done so far look VERY
nice....
Each ship will be illustrated with a three-quarter-view line drawing and
ship systems diagram (with permission to copy it and paste it into a
fleet
record sheet), plus a panel of stats and a bit of PSB "blurb" about the
class. If we have room and time, I hope to also outline several class
variants for some ships as well as the "main" designs.
As we've previously discussed on the list, I hope the FB will be of use
even to players who don't use "our" background, as a resource of general
ship designs.

** NOTE!! ** All the foregoing is what we PLAN to do - circumstances may
force changes in some areas, or we may come up with some better ideas!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: GZG 2300AD??? Next: Re: DSII 1/300 Scale Heavy Gear style minis..