Prev: Re: Map Sizes Next: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

Re: Map Sizes

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 20:53:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Map Sizes

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 16:43:52 -0400 (EDT), Rick Rutherford
<rickr@ss4.digex.net> wrote:

>Sorry KR, but one of the reasons I like Full Thrust so much is that it
>doesn't have hexes.

I agree. I have a GeoHex starmat without hexes for FT and one WITH
hexes for Silent Death. A friend of mine says he'd like to play FT
with the hexes, but I prefer it without.

>I recently went to a fabric store and got a 6' x 9' sheet of black
fabric
>(cotton twill) for less than $10.00.

If you're good with an airbrush or making small paint speckles, it's
all you need. However, I also so in a fabric store a set of "outer
space" material, probably for sheets for a child's bed. There were two
types of patterns. The pattern with the planets and stars was too
gaudy for a "serious" space game, but the star pattern only wasn't
bad. The cost was about C$8 per metre (about US$5.75 a yard, or 4
pounds per yard/metre). Standard fabric width is usually either 50" or
60" so this fancy fabric is still about half the cost of a space mat.
It's not the same quality material as a thick felt mat, but it would
do.

Allan Goodall  -  agoodall@sympatico.ca

"The secret rules of engagement are hard to endorse,
 when the appearance of conflict meets the appearance of force"
		       - The Tragically Hip

Prev: Re: Map Sizes Next: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII