Prev: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere? Next: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere?

SV: Map Sizes

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 23:34:33 +0100
Subject: SV: Map Sizes

> This is not a push to sell product guys, but have you considered
> using one of our hexed starmats?  They are 4' x 6', have 1 1/2" wide
> hexs and will layout on a floor or table.  Using hexs you can
> determine all twelve courses (sides and points) and by counting over
> and down give the exact location and heading of a ship for next time.

Since I'm the proud owner of Silent Death (old and new versions),
Leviathan, Starfire and several other hex-based space games I haven't
yet
felt the need to buy the GeoHex felt mats (...though I probably will
when
all the paper ones wear out!), but I always play FT on hexmaps just
because
of the help they give with maintaining courses. Some opponents have...
very
creative ways of measuring angles, and others (especially new players)
often find it difficult to figure out where the ship will end up; the
hexes
help in both cases :-)

(OK, the Starfire hexmaps don't look too good, but those from Leviathan
(with large, but rather discrete, hexes) are very nice.)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere? Next: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere?