Prev: Re: Flame wars generator Next: Re: Map Sizes

RE: Internet Message

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:01:17 +0100
Subject: RE: Internet Message

At 17:56 09/10/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Actually to hark back to a previous discussion, isn't the FT Universe
>rather stereotypical in that case?
>
>The NAC is a group of Capitalist, "free?", nations.
Since they are the New Anglian (whatever) I always tended to look on
them
as a proto British empire. At least, the NAC ships in the flavour text
sound more Royal Navy than US Navy, and don't the captains mentioned
have
'hereditary' titles?

>We don't seem to have objected too much to these stereotypes involved
>in the game universe.	What would be the point really?
I think in general games work better with clearly defined 'sides'. That
almost by definition means stereotypes.

>> PS The only real sterotype I hold about list members is that they're
>> TOO TOUCHY!	Switch to unleaded, people.
>I can only agree.
Um, OK. How much is it a pint?

				TTFN
					Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: Flame wars generator Next: Re: Map Sizes