Prev: Re: Motorcycles in DSII and SGII Next: Re: Reviresco n' DSII, n' Netiquette

Re: Motorcycles in DSII and SGII

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:10:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Motorcycles in DSII and SGII

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 Herk0001@aol.com wrote:

> I was wondering how to classify motorcycles in Dirtside II and
StargruntII?
> Are they just size 1 vehicles?  Are they low or high mobility wheeled
> vehicles?

Given the size of ATVs of most stripes and the fact that they're
typically
not used 'on the fly' (trying to use your rifle while riding hellbent
over
terrain is /not/ recommended), I'd simply define them as a different
kind
of infantry, 'mounted (dispersed).'  When in 'travel mode' they're
treated
as one step easier to hit but move as if one step better in mobility.
If
they want to do serious infantry-style work, they have to dismount,
giving
them usual mobility but also the usual chances to hit and be effective.

> Also, in Dirtside II, does anybody mount the motorcycles in pairs or
are
> they used singly?  I would like to know so that I can convert my epic
squats
> to dirtside use.

Depends on how you want to arrange their strategic use; if the ATV
mobile
infantry operate as special recon teams, two per stand is right.  If you
have fire teams that travel by ATV, you'll want 4 - 6.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: Motorcycles in DSII and SGII Next: Re: Reviresco n' DSII, n' Netiquette