Prev: newbie ship question Next: RE: Can't Recommend this Site for GZG fans (was Re: Dirtside Miniatures -take a look at these)

Re: newbie ship question

From: "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford@i...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 08:24:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: newbie ship question

> QUESTION 1)	Logically the new acceleration would kick in on the
> next turn since you spend this turn under acceleration/deceleration
> to reach the new value.   The rules do indicate an 'instant' speed
> change can be made.

	I'll accept the rules as a simplification. I've played a game
in which the referee ruled acceleration took place at the end of the
turn, and I found it impossible to respond to the changing battle.
Furthermore, it's as _inaccurate_ as the official rule. A more
accurate ruling would be that 1/2 of the acceleration is added to your
vector at the start of the turn, and 1/2 at the end. But, in the
interest of simplicity and control, let's leave it like it is.