Prev: Re: Dirtside Miniatures - take a look at these Next: RE: Newbie Ship Question

Re: Scotia MicroModels minis (longish)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Scotia MicroModels minis (longish)

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Michael wrote:

> >And the address:
> >
> >Scotia MicroModels
> >32 West Hemming St.
> >Letham
> >Angus DD8 2PU
> >United Kingdom
> >
> >Tel#: 01307 818707
> >

> I've deleted the old e-mail (doh!)
> Is there any other way to contact them?
> Do they have a catalog???
> How much did the stuff cost??
>
> Thanks

Scotia has Yank and Aussie outlets, but I deal with the UK outlet for a
couple of reasons: the UK address was in the back of the DS2 book, and
the
US guys, when I phoned them, didn't send me a copy of their catalog...

So I deal direct with Scotia in the UK, no problem - despite the
distance
(British Columbia (w. coast of Canada) to UK) the batch I just wrote on
took only 14 days to get to me, from the date I mailed my order to them.

They do have a catalog, just send them an International Reply Coupon
from
your post office. Or for those of you in the UK, 50p. is the cost...

Prices of the minis I bought:

Powered Armour Troopers (the Inf. Walkers) 25p/ea.
Power Troops (Infantry) 1pound50 for 27 figs.
Heavy Weapons 1pound50 for 30+ figs.
Mortars -can't recall- perhaps 45p for 5 mortars.
Cavalry (Polish WW2) 1pound50 for 27 figs.

The rest of their line - vehicles, etc - is usually about 45p./ea, if I
recall correctly. I don't have the catalog with me right now,
unfortunately...

I'll get the US and Australian outlet addresses and post them tomorrow,
for those who want them...

Scotia has, incidentally, bioform tanks and APCs - another thread
mentioned Savas'ku (sp?) ground troops, well Scotia has them...and some
'insectile' aliens too. Kra'vak anyone?

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Dirtside Miniatures - take a look at these Next: RE: Newbie Ship Question