Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question

Re: Newbie Ship Question

From: "If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 00:41:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Newbie Ship Question

>>Strictly speaking, no. Your entire turn must be to port or to
>>starboard. You turn half of your ordered points of turning (rounded
>>down) before the ship moves, and half the turn points (rounded up)
>>half way through the ship's move. However, I don't see why you
>>couldn't use this as a house rule.
>
>It sems that I read in Full Thrust somewhere that you could perform a
slip
>by apply a movement order something like 1P1S.  Now I do not remember
where
>I saw it, but I do remember reading it.  It could have been in another
game
>book entirely.  Now it does state under MAKING COURSE CHANGES:, 1st
>paragraph, Full Thrust pg.6, "A ship making a course adjustment is
>_assumed_ to be applying a sideways Thrust vector movement in that Game
>Turn."  Now it does not say that one cannot aplly thrust vectors to
both
>sides, just that it is assumed that is all to one side.

In the strict FT rules you either turn one way or the other. However, I
always liked the idea of being able to 'sideslip', and allow it as a
house
rule in all games I have run (RL & PBeM). It hasn't ever unbalanced the
game any that I have seen.

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question