Prev: ADAM DELAFIELD Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question

Re: Newbie Ship Question

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 03:00:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Newbie Ship Question

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:33:47 +0000, campbelr@pop3.kunsan.af.mil wrote:

>1: When does acceleration take effect, the begining of the turn or

>the begining of the following turn?

Acceleration takes affect at the beginning of the turn. If your speed
at the end of turn 3 is 10 and you make a +5 speed change when writing
orders for turn 4, your speed will be 15 on turn 4.

>2: Is it legal to, say, make a 2 point turn to port at the mid point,
>followed by a 1 point turn back to starboard at the end move? (My
>answer is yes, but I was asked to ask)

Strictly speaking, no. Your entire turn must be to port or to
starboard. You turn half of your ordered points of turning (rounded
down) before the ship moves, and half the turn points (rounded up)
half way through the ship's move. However, I don't see why you
couldn't use this as a house rule.

For a vector movement system, check out the Fleet Book that should be
released some time in the new year. The beta of the vector rules were
posted here a while ago, so I'm sure someone could send them to you.

>3: If you have an odd number foor a turn, say 3, can you take the 2
>point at either time of the move? (mid or end?)

I'm not sure if this is an official rule, but we (that is my players,
plus everyone I met at GenCon) does half the turn, rounded down, at
the beginning of the move and half the turn, rounded up, at the
halfway point in the move.

>Also,	someone posted a variant of the FT/ST Disruptor batteries and
>I lost the post, does anyone have it?

Not me, sorry.

Allan Goodall  -  agoodall@sympatico.ca

"The secret rules of engagement are hard to endorse,
 when the appearance of conflict meets the appearance of force"
		       - The Tragically Hip

Prev: ADAM DELAFIELD Next: Re: Newbie Ship Question