Prev: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes Next: Re:realistic fleets

Re: Colony Growth (Was Re: Realistic Fleet sizes)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:26:10 +0100
Subject: Re: Colony Growth (Was Re: Realistic Fleet sizes)

Just a little thing to add:

My figures for 'initial population' are meant to be a
big abstraction. I'd expect no more than a few dozen
to a few hundred colonists initially, and then over the
next ten/twenty years, more colonists turning up in their
thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions.

Also, for reference, the formula I used was:

      P = i*(g^t)

      P  final population
      i  initial population
      g  growth rate (as multiplier, ie 2% growth = 1.02)
      t  time, in years

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes Next: Re:realistic fleets