Prev: Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust. Next: Re: Colony Growth (Was Re: Realistic Fleet sizes)

Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

From: DragonProm@a...
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:26:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

<< But how many warships did you have in 1915?

 I think fleet sizes 1900-1950 are *much* better for benchmarks for
 a couple of reasons: >>

Maybe go back to 1500-1800 if ya want many nations with "big" fleets?
In WWII the german fleet was quite small (but advanced because quite
new)
and remember there were international contracts regarding to fleet
strenghs.

recently I saw a scenario of the "Skagarak Battle" (think you "over
there"
call it Juetland) in a museum here, really Impressive to see these two
big
fleets battleing each other.

Alex

Prev: Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust. Next: Re: Colony Growth (Was Re: Realistic Fleet sizes)