Prev: RE: SGII - Vehicle Over-run REPOST Next: Tolerance - MIME attachments in ASCII are OK?

SGII medieval armor conversions (fading suns)

From: "ROBERTSON,Brendan" <Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 01:06:20 -0400
Subject: SGII medieval armor conversions (fading suns)

David, unless advanced metal alloys are used [ie. unpowered
powerarmour], armour dice values need to be shifted down to reflect
archaic armour's inability to deflect firearms/energy weapons. [Although
some armours would protect against low powered firearms & possibly
lasers].

<repost with mods>
Fading Suns Armor	  Firearms/Archaic Armour Die
Padded/Heavy Clothing		D4/D4
Leather Jerkin/Studded Leather	D4/D4
Scale Armor			D4/D6
Chainmail			D4/D6
Halfplate			D6/D8
Platemail Armor 		D6/D10
Synthsilk			D4/D6
StiffSynth			D6/D8
Polymer Knit(Flak Vest) 	D6/D4
Ceramsteel			D8/D10

Shields 		Die shift
Small		+1D type in CA only
Large		+2D type in CA only

(w) Brendan.Robertson @ employment.gov.au
'Neath Southern Skies
Am I not destroying my enemies, when I make
friends of them?   - Abraham Lincoln

Prev: RE: SGII - Vehicle Over-run REPOST Next: Tolerance - MIME attachments in ASCII are OK?