Prev: Re: Tolerance?? Next: SGII medieval armor conversions

Re: DSII Kryomek Adaptations

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:10:02 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII Kryomek Adaptations

>      Well the following is my attempt to convert a set of rules ofhe
>next step up from
>squad-level to a large-scale set of rules.  Since Kryomek was
>inspired by StarGrunt I,
>thought it would be interesting to see how they would look in DSII.
>
>Nexus Infantry Units:
>
> Cyclos Infantry Stand= Militia Infantry 15 points.
>	 :Assault Team Stand 15 points.
>	 :APSW	Team Stand 25 points.
>
> Cyclos Enviro Battlesuit Stand (veteran quality only) MV-2 (Inf),
>HTK-4, FP-2, RNG-6" OTR-None. 20 points.

These seem to be O.K., but you could introduce a low-powered anti-tank
version for those stands equipped with Recoiless Rifles.  Say Equivalent
an RFAC/1 with the range of a DFFG/1?

>Nexus/Colonial Marine Infantry Stand= Line Infantry 20 points.
>	: Assault Team Stand 20 points.
>	: APSW Team Stand. 30 points.

Again, an anti-tank version would be good as above.

>Nexus SWAT Team Infantry Stand (regular or veteran only)= Power
>Infantry 30 points.
>	  :APSW Team Stand 40 Points.
>
>Nexus SWAT Power Infantry moves as per normal infantry.

Well, as the SWAT are powered infantry, I'd give them powered infantry
movement.  Again and AT version like the cyclos would be good.

>Cybernetic Battlefield Units:
>
>TALOS Units.	The TALOS are considered to be a stand of 4 figures.
>They will be treated as infantry for movement. Their weapons will
>depend on the configuration of the TALOS . The weapon configurations
>are listed for the TALOS.
>
>	Assault configuration using close-range weapons. (as per close-
>combat rules.) 30 pts.
>	General combat configuration  8" as per infantry combat.
>		    40 points.
>	APSW configuration 12" as per APSW rules.
>		     50 points.

Here is where an AT version is really needed.  I like the Talos config.
of
Recoiless Rifle/Combat Rifle and a Gauss Rifle/Grenade Launcher to go
hunting the harder Kryomek.  So I think another low-powered AT version
would
be O.K.  And stands of 4 figs is a bit hefty.  Perhaps 3 would be
better?

>The TALOS is destroyed by a total of 5 valid damage points.  The
>TALOS unit is considered to be a unit in its own right and may be
>activated as for any other unit at any point in the turn. It does not
>require a Confidence Level Marker.  As it does not suffer the
>Confidence  problems or needs to take any tests, but it should have a
>Command Marker
>(a Veteran 1 ) simply to use as an indicator of when it has been
>activated. The TALOS may attack the unit their choice due to their
>advanced cybernetics.

Movement should be similar to Infantry Walkers as the Talos are
considerably
faster than the Humans.

>Ksirus Helcat.   The Helcat is considered to be a stand of 6 figures.
>They are treated asinfantry for movement.  The abilities of the
>Helcat will depend on the model.
>The models are as follows:
>
>     Cerebus Helcat: 8" range as per infantry combat.	 20 points.
>     Fury Helcat: 12" range as per infantry combat   30 points.
>     Loki Helcat: Close-combat only, artillery observer  60 points.
>
>     The Helcats follow the same rules as the TALOS do. except they
>have 3 damage points and attack the nearest target.

HelCats shouldcome 1 to a stand and have the same movement as militia
(they
are SLOW).  They have good firepower on their own so 1 to a stand would
be
O.K.  Also, they should be pretty crappy in Close Assaults.  I don't
remember the C.A. rules from DSII of hand, but the rules for HelCats
should
reflect this.  They really do suck in CC.

>Vehicles:
>
>Nomad Tank: Size Class: 3, Armor: 3 HMT power plant, Hi-mobility
>wheeled, HVC/3x1 & RFAC/2 in turret w/superior fire control, Basic
>PDS, Enhanced ECM. Basic/Effective Signature: 3 (D8) APSWx1.  Total
>Cost: 153 points.
>
>Cloudcarrier APC: Size Class 3, Armor: 2 HMT power plant, Fast GEV.
>RFAC/1x2 fixed
>mount w/enhanced fire control, APSWx1, 2 infantry stands.  Total Cost
>50 points + infantry costs.

Yeah the vehicles should be fairly easy to convert.  Some of the walkers
may
present a hassle though.

Nice work!

-Kelvin.....

	"Young lady, in THIS house we obey
	      the laws of Thermodynamics!"
			-Homer Simpson
	    email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: Tolerance?? Next: SGII medieval armor conversions