Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 07:35:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

>> >   Actually no, or at least that's what I hear.  Gravity is probably
>> > transmitted by particles like the other forces.
>> Really?  I thought gravity was just bent space, and bending
>> space is just something mass does.
>> How's that for scientific?
>

>Gravity is more of a 'state' of local space, rather than
>anything that can be transmitted (basically, a measure
>of how bent space-time is by mass).
>
>You do have postulated 'gravitons' though, which are
>theoretical particles which are exchanged in gravitational
>interactions. They're thought to travel at lightspeed.
>
>Also,'gravity waves' are another postulated feature,
>these being created by fast moving (relativistic)
>massive bodies. These probably travel at lightspeed
>as well.
>
>(I've just grabbed those two from a dictionary of physics,
>so I can't give any more info!).
Just to confuse things a little further, if you actually believe
Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle, it's entirely possible those two are
in
fact one and the same just looked at a different way..

				TTFN
					Jon

'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply