Prev: Re: Star System Attack Next: Re: Star System Attack

Flashing (was Re: Star System Attack)

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:44:09 -0400
Subject: Flashing (was Re: Star System Attack)

Mike Wikan writes:

@:) Off the plane of the ecliptic there ain't a whole lot of
@:) cover. The last thing i would want in attacking a star system is
@:) to be completely _NAKED_ ready for those LR missiles to come
@:) cruising in from every darn weapon platform in the system.....

  Well I wouldn't probably even get so far as worrying about the
missiles:

  Admiral Heck:  "What kind of a plan have you got for us, Mike?"
  Captain Wikan: "We'll surprise them, sir!"
  Admiral Heck:  "Excellent!  Tell me more!"
  Captain Wikan: "Well, normally we'd come in on the plane of the
		  ecliptic, right?"
  Admiral Heck:  "Sure."
  Captain Wikan: "This time - we won't!"
  Admiral Heck:  "Whoa..."
  Captain Wikan: "That's right - we'll approach from the north pole of
		  the star!"
  Admiral Heck:  "You are a genius."
  Captain Wikan: "They won't be looking for us there."
  Admiral Heck:  "Your mother would be proud."
  Captain Wikan: "And we'll all be naked."
  Admiral Heck:  "Uh... right.	Listen, Mike, you've obviously been
		  working way too hard on this - why don't you head
		  down to psych and take a rest, OK?"

  < Wikan is dragged away kicking and screaming >

  Captain Wikan: "NOOOOOO!  NOOOOO!  They'll never expect it, I tell
		  you!	They'll NEEEVEEER EXPECT IT!!!!!"

-joachim

Prev: Re: Star System Attack Next: Re: Star System Attack