Prev: Re: Full Religion..... Next: Re: Star Maps/Mapping (was: Stars (was: ...))

Re: Cover in Dirtside II

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:01:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Cover in Dirtside II

At 12:45 PM 9/9/97 -0700, Brian wrote:

>This sounds good - varied cover by size of vehicles is something that
>occured to me, but I never have done anything with it - and now I've
been
>saved the trouble. I'll try them out when I next play, which won't be
for
>a couple of weeks, and let you know how the rules work.

	I think its a bad idea.  Small vehicles already gain the benefit
of their
target die based on their size.  Adding to this makes small vehicles far
more powerfull, and I've already beaten up my opponents with speeder
bikes...
	Additionally the earlier comment on the granularity of the game
system
already beats this into the ground.  You are talking about an area that
is
much larger than the vehicles being covered in trees etc...

Prev: Re: Full Religion..... Next: Re: Star Maps/Mapping (was: Stars (was: ...))